So you’ve decided to take the plunge and join our Box and Community. First thing you should know is that everyone here wants you to succeed and to help with that success here are few things to make your first few weeks easier.
1) Don’t be bashful, have fun, and ask questions. No one will give you the cold shoulder here.
2) Literally no one cares about the weight you use, only that you work to the best of your ability during every class. Technique is ABSOLUTELY necessary to ensure safety.
3) DON’T cheat the workouts, if you cannot perform an exercise or the rep scheme is too intense, ask a coach for modifications. CrossFit is infinitely scalable.
4) Look at the workouts before your class to give you an idea of what you are about to do. The coach will always cover the finer points of movement but you should have a general idea of the workout.
5) Be Prepared to learn a new language… WOD(work out of the day) AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) EMOM ( Every Minute on the Minute), and many more. Don’t worry you’ll catch on.
6) Do NOT drop an empty bar or one loaded only with 10# bumpers. While the bars are steel, the sleeves contain ball bearings to allow the collars to spin. As for the 10# bumpers, they are too flimsy and will snap.
7) Please put your equipment back where it belongs.
8) Most importantly, work hard, be supportive, and have a great attitude!
Now you’re all set to take your fitness and health to the next level. We can’t wait to see your progress in the following months.
“You don’t have to go to the gym. You don’t have to pick up the kids. You don’t have to go to work…You get to” -Ben Bergeron